Sunday, November 28, 2010

Can I have your help please?

Hey everyone,

I'm here to annoy you with my donation question:

School ends on Dec. 22 and starts back up in March.  I want to have field days during these few months of break with the children. They're all interested in all types of American sports; frisbee, baseball, golf, etc.  A few told me they wanted to learn other sports because here all there is is soccer, volleyball, and a little bit of football.  Therefore, my original plan was to to have this field day with both children and youth at different times of the day with different sports equipment.  I have other ideas as well, such as relay races, etc. However, the people here really enjoy sport sports.  I didn't ask before because I thought when I went to Ancash for a week of training I'd be able to find sports equipment, but to my disappointment, there is none. I tried another city during one of my meetings, and I realized that Peru just doesn't have much sports equipment.  The only things I have been able to find are small balls. 

I know this is last minute, but if anyone has any kind of sports equipment that you don't use anymore or if anyone can find anything and send it to me, that would be AMAZING!  Any sports equipment, it really doesn't matter--balls, small toys, tennis balls, baseballs, Frisbees (if anything, I think they would enjoy Frisbees the most),or even small arts and crafts things such as play-do or anything!

Again, I will put my address at the bottom of this blog. The faster I receive the equipment, the faster I can start. Thank you so so so much! I will update more when i have more internet access :)

Megan McKenna
Cuerpo de Paz
Casilla Postal 208
Oficina de Serpost, Chiclayo
Lambayeque, Perú
Sud America

2 comments:

  1. Hey when I get home from Tahoe, I want to send you some frisbees and tennis balls, that is not until Dec. 18th though...would that be ok? I want to support this for sure! I played frisbee in Peru with some kids and they loved it! I miss you and will be writing you more here soon...got lots to tell you.

    Love,
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many frisbees would you like to have

    ReplyDelete