Thursday, June 10, 2010

My First Day!

So, today was my first day as a peace corps trainee!!  So far I've learned to not procrastinate and pack everything last minute for next time (I got two hours of sleep bc I decided to pack a night and day before leaving), AND that these trainees are really really nice!  My roommate (we got assigned roommates) and I  were talking about how so many of these people are just genuinely really sweet. There were 56 of us today, and I met each one.

here's what I did:
*flew into Arlington around 10:30 and bumped into 4 other peace corps volunteers (you could tell us apart with our business attire while wearing hiking backpacks;I guess the two dont usually go hand-in-hand). We pretty much became friends immediately and rode over to Holiday Inn together in a huge taxi shuttle to fit everything in
*orientation from 12-6
*Went out with a bunch of peace corps people to dinner and hung out a little.

and yes, ive already taken pictures, but I just discovered about 5 seconds ago I can't upload anything at the moment. My card reader is too small to fit my notebook, so once I figure how to do this, pics will come!!

Tomorrow we head out at 6:00 am for an 8 hour flight to Lima, Peru with a lay over for about 2 hours in Miami. AHHH IM GOING TO PERU TOMORROW!!!!!!!! thats excitement right there, not nervousness. I probably should be a littler nervous, but I'm not at the moment. Maybe it'll hit me when I'm actually on the plane. I'm going to be in Lima until saturday, and then I meet my host family and move in with them for the next 3ish months. I hope I get a really good one! I'l find out soon!

Well, the next time youll hear from me will be when im IN PERU!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like it started off great! Would have loved to see a whole bunch of people dressed up in business suits wearing backpacks....lol! 56 people...thats alot of people! Everyone in Georgia is probably already going through Megan withdrawels! I know I am...have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter Claire is with your group! So exciting to find another blog of her Peace Corps Family. Take care and keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola from the 2 month Peruvian! I am so excited about you coming to Peru too! It is wonderful! I know that God is going to use you in mighty ways! About your photos, I don't know if you know this but you can get a usb driver thing that you put your card in and then plug it into your usb port that is what I did when my card reader stopped working on my computer! Love you girl!! Love, Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meggie!!!! I miss you already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! glad it's going well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you meggy!!! Its great to hear about your journey! Your in my familys thoughts and prayers I miss you so much! Take care!

    Love,
    Anne Marie

    ReplyDelete